Friday, November 2, 2007

A Haired Custom

Never really haired a custom before. Haven't even done hardly any customs, to tell the truth. I've found I really like doing them. I probably spent way too much time on this one, but I'm But quite happy with him! I'm still finishing up his hair, making sure no glue is showing and such. I really like hairing, it's fun, more realistic than sculpted, and easier for me to do (I have such a hard time sculpting manes and tails). This guy (he needs a name!) even has leather on the underside of his tail bone, which is sort-of-poseable (I wouldn't move it too much, but it is!). He'll be on eBay soon--once I've 100% finished him! Hope he sells well so I can justify doing more CMs. It took forever to do all the tiny hair detail in his complex overo markings. I need a better way to get nice solid white than dozens and dozens of layers, but I'm not sure that such a thing exists.

I have another CM started--a Stone trotting draft to a galloping mare. I think I'll hair her too!

1 comment:

Carol H. said...

He looks great! I love the yawning face and the hairing is excellent.